Saturday, August 8, 2009

Product shoot: Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G Fisheye Lens

Just bought myself a 2nd hand Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G Fisheye lens... so, why not do a product shoot, right?

This time round, I wanted to go with 2 lights, one from above, and the other from the front. I used the Manfrotto 190XPROB to extend the arm horizontally and mounted a flash on it. I covered the top of my home made light tent with a white satin cloth bought at People's Park some time back. The other light was in front and I used a softbox to diffuse the light.

Now comes the hard decision, which camera should I use?

Hehe... I have a thing in me at this time to try and push the Panasonic LX3 as much as I can and try to produce pictures to something that one would expect would come from a DSLR... so the LX3 it is!

Needless to say, the lighting makes the pictures from the LX3 all the more stunning. I set the ISO to the minimum of 80, fixed the aperture at f/5.6 and shutter speed at 1/60 and off I went. The light above was at 1/16 power and the light infront at 1/32 power.

After using the LX3 more, I've discovered that their redition of yellow is a bit too orangy, and I needed to adjust the hue towards more of a yellow tone. The golden lettering on the lens was not so golden out of camera, but after shifting the hue, it looked much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment