Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rocky & Juana's Pre-Wedding Photoshoot

I have not been blogging here for awhile, and one of the reasons is that I've got a hold of a copy of The Hot Shoe Dairies and am reading it! The other reason is not that cheery... and it is that I've been sick for more than a week. Despite being sick, I wanted to go do some shooting, so I tagged along as my friend James did a photoshoot for Rocky & Juana.

It was certainly not a good day for me to shoot. I realized that because of my flu, my brain was half-dead and somehow did not shoot well nor liked what I shot. This really set me thinking... should a photographer shoot well only when he is inspired? I believe photographers have bad days, and sick days, but if they are contracted to do a shoot, should they not be able to produce even if they did not feel like 100%?

This made me realize that every photographer must get as much in his "bag of tricks" that whether it was a good day or not, he should be able to produce a minimum standard in his shots... and getting the "bag of tricks" is something I had to work at. I must say that this is the worst shooting day I've had so far... but it is spurring me on to get my "bag of tricks" for the future!

Oh... by the way... the above shot was done with 2 strobes... one at the far end with a Gary Fong Lightsphere to light that area, and the other is on the camera left with a softbox umbrella to light Rocky and Juana.

No comments:

Post a Comment