Thursday, March 5, 2009

Umbrella Softbox


I have been looking to get a softbox for my speedlight, but what is available in Singapore are "traditional" softboxes made for monolight strobes. After some searching, I found this umbrella softbox from TagoTech and bought it.

The built of this umbrella softbox is decent. The external of the softbox is black, and the internal is silver. The portion where I put the head of the speedlight into the softbox has a zipper and a pull-string to tighten the opening (I believe the large opening is to cater to mono strobes). The speedlight would fire into the silver part of the umbrella, and reflected back and through the translucent white part.

Will give this umbrella softbox a go the next opportunity I get to shoot portraits.

1 comment:

  1. Hey have you had the oportunity to try it? how are the results?

    ReplyDelete